Step Rock A.S.C – Privacy Notice
What we need and why:
In managing the Club, the committee considers that it has a legitimate interest in holding your
personal data that you provide to us in the membership form.
This data includes your name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, emergency
contacts and relevant medical information.
Additional information may be held in specific circumstances.
We need your personal data so that we can manage your membership to:
• provide you with appropriate member services.
• register your membership account with SASA.
• communicate with you in relation to essential membership events such as forthcoming gala
entries, latest club news and events, membership renewal, change to training timetables or training
cancellations, accidents / medical emergencies etc.
It is therefore important we have access to the relevant personal information to offer the above
membership services and benefits.
Who has access to your personal data?
Your personal data records are held and maintained for our Club by the membership secretary. In
most circumstances only, authorised committee members and PVG authorised coaches will have
access to this information.
Information is also shared with SASA for the purpose of gala entries etc. SASA have their own privacy
notice which can be obtained from their website.
There may be exceptional circumstances where personal data records require to be shared where
external professional or legal advice is required.
The club bank statements are accessed online which is password protected and can only be accessed
by the Treasurer and President.
How is the data held?
The data is held securely in paper filing systems and electronically by password protected devices.
How long we keep your personal records?
On resignation or non-renewal of membership your personal data records will be retained up to a
maximum of 12 months.
Only personal data relating to complaints or child wellbeing, will be archived up to a maximum of 7
What are your data protection rights?
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at email@example.com
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
• You have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a
“subject access request”;
• If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right
to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
• You have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific
• If you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any further queries should be directed to the Step Rock President – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step Rock ASC